Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Mountain Trip Forthcoming! Supply run...

My dad and I are going to take a trip to the Arkansas mountains this weekend (that's the current plan anyway).  I decided to take this opportunity to stock up on some things I'd been meaning to get.  I got some towel seat covers (these guys) (in yellow of course) that I wished I'd had a couple weeks ago while at the beach.  I also got some other little things: a flashlight, a fire starter thingy, fire tinder thingies, a tow strap cuz you never know, a rain poncho to make the single one I currently carry around an official set of two, and a "space blanket" (glorified thermal blanket that doubles as a tarp, seat cover, tons of stuff) to also make the one I have a set of two.  I had an REI gift card and I also got an emergency medical kit with it.  I hope I have a place to put all this stuff!  These are things I've been wanting to have available to me, the type of things I'd know I'd kick myself for not having if I got stuck out somewhere while adventurin'.  I'm planning on taking "the good camera" on our trip as well (maybe, "Jeep security" being what it is - non-existent - I might not) so maybe I'll get some good shots.  To Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment