Saturday, February 20, 2016

Hello Void! And an uplifting experience...

Sorry people who don't exist (or I don't know, who knows, maybe I've got a million followers and don't realize it).  I got a new job, moved to a new city, started and try to maintain said job, etc.  I haven't posted in forever.  I don't know if I'll be able to too often going forward, it's not like anything's really changing in my current life (and that's ok!), but just so you know because I know you're worried, I'm alive and well as is the Colonel.

And about the Colonel!  Nothing's really changed since I posted last.  Moving is expensive and it wiped me out.  Recently I've been spending on other hobbies and haven't put anything new on the Jeep.  But all that changed today!

I bit the bullet.  I put some money down on a lift!  2.5" Teraflex lift with Rancho RS9000xl shocks and a Rancho control arm.  I'm having it installed, so beaucoup bucks.  But if I tried to install it myself?  Well, that would be impossible.  If I enlisted the help of a friend I don't have, I don't even know enough to know if we would be doing it right.  So heck with it, I'll pay for convenience on this (although I think it would have been a lot of fun to learn how to do it myself).

Just getting the lift at this point.  Later I'll put some BFG All Terrain 35s on that bad boy and I'll have a tank.  Until then I'll be cruising 2.5 inches higher on factory wheels and tires.  :-/

Anyway, I'll try to get on again and post pics.  Finally something to talk about!  And if you'd like to help me out with tires, just send all of your money to Discount Tire on my behalf.  haha

No comments:

Post a Comment