Friday, June 12, 2015

SPIDERWEBSHADE

So I've bought a few things for the Jeep so far, but nothing has been as satisfying (yet) as the new SpiderWebShade.  This thing is awesome!  For the uninitiated, it's a mesh cover you elastic-band to the top of your Jeep to give you some shade with the top down.  Behold...

Outside

Inside
The temperature difference in full sun is remarkable.  I mean, don't expect a 20 degree difference, but it really is very nice compared to full sun.  The main complaint I've heard about these things is that it doesn't feel like you still have the top off; the SpiderWebShade still "feels like a roof."  Well, yeah kinda, but not really.  You can see through it (see the trees in the second pic?) and it feels very "open air" (the doors being off probably helps that I guess...).  My wife said it felt like being under a camping pavilion or something.  haha

Anyway, 3 big cheers for this thing.  Easy to install, good lookin, and functional. Don't expect it to keep the rain out though!  It started raining (kind of hard actually) and the water came through like nothing was there.  It was actually kind of nice.

Another story:  The other day I was runnin TDDO (top down doors off) and it started raining H-A-R-D.  I can't recall ever being out in rain this hard, I couldn't see anything through my windshield with the wipers going full blast, the wind was ridiculous whipping me all around, it was nuts!  Thankfully I was on the highway and managed to keep up about 50+ mph and didn't get too wet.  Mostly I had water blow in from the sides.  I didn't get much from the top.  If I'd slowed down another 10mph I'd probably still be swimming though.

Jeep Wave Count: I'm keeping up, really, I just need to review my dumb notes.  I'll post it eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment