Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Window Tint

I think I've wiped out on the blog here.  My intent was to update every Mon, Wed, Fri, and I still hold to that as being ideal, but I've had trouble making it happen.  It's kind of been like a New Years resolution.  I think about 1 month of having kept up more or less as planned is actually pretty good.

I will continue to post though, and my new commitment is at least once per week on no particular day.  For this week's installment, I got my windows tinted!  Here's the guy putting it on.


Not my best photographic work ever, but you can see him working on the passenger side window.  The driver side had already been done.  I don't have any good pics of what it actually looks like now but I'll try to get one up.

I generally like it ok.  I do have a couple... not complaints, just mentionings. whatevs.  The total cost for both front windows was under $40, so you kind of get what you pay for and honestly they look just fine.  That said, my "mentionings":
  • The color is grey.  Perhaps that's ok, but the tinted window kits for the rear windows I've seen online for Jeeps look like they come in amber.  I do intend to eventually get a tinted window kit for the back windows, and if they ARE in fact amber (and they might not even be) I'll have grey up front and amber in back.  That's dumb.
  • There are tiny pieces of dirt that bubble out the tint film.  They're really REALLY small and toward the lower corner of the driver side (that's all I've discovered so far anyway), but still, I want PERFECTION!  haha  Well, I did only pay $40 so I'm not going to complain really.  
  • They're not as dark as I'd hoped.  There are laws that govern how dark tint can be, and I believe the law is 35%.  I was told my tint is 31%.  So it COULD be a smidge darker, but oh well.  
 Honestly overall I'm totally fine with it.  I think it looks pretty good and I can perceive a difference now in the temperature and incoming light.

Still saving for the lift...

Jeep Wave Count: 58

No comments:

Post a Comment