Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Got Money...

No you can't that away from me.  NIN kick, sorry.

My birthday recently passed and I got some buckaroos.  I'm trying to save it for a lift (IT'S SO HARD!!!) and I'm about half-way there.  But I'm getting to the point where I'm like "well, maybe if I just spend a little..."  So I'll probably be broke by this time next week.  With no lift.

One thing I think I'm going to go ahead and do is tint the windows.  Another thing I might like to do is get some light-weight full doors for highway-travelling to places I'll ultimately want to take the doors off at.  Like Topless Day for instance - all the rain and junk kept me from leaving the doors at home and driving all the way to Galveston.  If I'd had the light-weight doors, I could have just thrown them in the back once I got there.

Anyway, sorry for the boring posts.  This is just kind of my Jeep diary and perhaps someone is able to find amusement in it.  haha

In other news we recently visited Austin during the crazy floods and rain storms.  We managed to stay pretty dry actually, we didn't get flooded at all.  But other places in the city did.  The only flooding I actually got to see was at Barton Springs pool.  First is a picture I found on the web from about the same angle, second is the one I took this weekend.

http://www.texasoutside.com/bartonpool.htm   
May 25, 2015
 Crazy.  On the way home the rain finally stopped for a while and the sky looked nuts.  I've seen red skies in West Texas during and after dust storms, but this was just after rain.  I'm not a scientist, I don't know why it looked this way.  haha  But it looked like you had amber-tinted glasses on or something. 


Anyway, that's not Jeep stuff, just interesting.  To me anyway. 

Jeep Wave Count: 54

No comments:

Post a Comment