Monday, June 15, 2015

Foot Pegs, JUST too late...

I recently had the doors off for about a week, but just put everything back on in anticipation of a lot of rain we're suppose to be getting.  Wouldn't you know, the next delivery day after I put it all back on I got my foot pegs.  :-/  For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, when you take the doors off your Jeep one of the most amazing pleasures in life is to cruise around with your foot hanging out of the car, preferably bare foot at highway speeds.  You can get foot pegs to rest your foot or leg on that hook onto the door hinges.  Like this...

http://www.skidrowoffroad.com  
Just set your foot on it and away you go!  So I'm glad I got them, but now there's rain in the forecast for the rest of the week.  Next week I'll be in Florida (probably won't be posting btw).  After that who knows?  So I'm not sure when I'll be able to use them.  Oh well.

In other news, my wife and I almost ate it.  We were driving home when we passed an unkept dirt road that I've always wanted to explore.  Keep in mind what I said above, it's been raining here quite a bit lately.  But it looked pretty flat and mundane, so we decided to check it out and I didn't bother with 4 wheel drive.  It was all a mistake, and almost a BIG mistake.  The dirt was more like quick sand it turned out with all the rain we'd been having.  I lost nearly all traction after about 20 feet.  I don't exactly have mud tires (far from it) and they got absolutely CAKED with mud.  So we're in 2 wheel drive, and then traction control started kicking in.  It keeps you from giving too much gas and spinning the tires, and it resulted in us traveling at about 1 mph, slipping left and right, steering wheel did no good, we were barely missing trees, almost slid off a little hill slope that probably would have rolled us had we gone over at the wrong angle, it was a mess!  haha  I wanted to pop it into 4WD but didn't want to take my foot off the gas long enough to do it.  We made it to a paved alleyway - FINALLY - and decided we'd either never try mud again (I'm not interested in mud tires) or at least put the thing in 4WD before trying even boring looking dirt roads after 2 weeks of epic, flooding rains.

Jeep Wave Count: Still coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment