Monday, April 20, 2015

Gas Mileage

I've been trying to track my gas mileage to get a REAL world number.  The sticker, as I recall, says a '15 Wrangler gets 17mpg City, 20mpg Highway.  I've noticed, not surprisingly, that what you actually see is a bit lower.  I often get 15-16mpg in-city and more like 19mpg at best on the highway (over time).  Right now I've got 19mg going with a good mix of highway and city, so who knows.  I intend to start keeping a spreadsheet of my mileage, mpg, gas costs paid, and even driving time per tank in order to get some real numbers.  Regarding drive time per tank, the Jeep offers an interesting feature I've never seen on another car (in my admittedly limited experience I suppose).  You can start a timer essentially that'll continue to run until you reset it.  So you can fill up, reset the timer, drive till you need to refuel, then check the timer and reset it again.  Neat-o.

Anyway, all this to say that someday I'll have a really interesting post on this subject.

Jeep Wave Count: 28

No comments:

Post a Comment