Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Sound System in a 2015 Wrangler 2 Door

I ordered a hitch extension (see Just Hitched) and some replacement speakers to start beefing up my pitiful factory non-premium stereo.  Apparently Kicker saw the need and put out some JK Wrangler-specific replacement speakers that don't require brackets, amps, wiring, nothin.  You just pop off the sound bar speaker grill, pop out the old speaker, and pop in the new one.  At least that's what I'm told/expecting...  And all for under $100 for the pair!  These guys.

I was looking for a sub to mount somewhere, but space is SO limited in the 2 door Wrangler.  I found some interesting options but ultimately decided I didn't want to mess with amps (that would have to be mounted somewhere) and big flippin speakers (that would also have to be mounted somewhere) as I thought about having to use the cargo area, and also while thinking of what would happen to all these devices if I was to *accidentally* decide to drive straight through a river with the top down / doors off during a typhoon someday resulting in a flooded interior.  ...It could happen.

So I'll try out these Kickers and see how it goes.  They should have better than paper-cone-bass-response, and I believe, if I like them, that a second set will work to replace the in-dash speakers as well.  If I get 4 of 'em jammin maybe I won't feel like I even need a sub anymore.  I don't need to levitate, I just need something more than rattle when I crank it.

Jeep Wave Count: 22

No comments:

Post a Comment