Thursday, April 2, 2015

"Man, this top is difficult!"

My first couple encounters with the soft top didn't go extremely well.  In fact, I have yet to recover from the Sunrider position properly (that's like a half-off roof config, like a sunroof).  I was surprised to see that you have to zip out the side and back windows and store them separate form the top - the top isn't one single unit.  Now that I see how it all works it makes sense, but it is not a top you can just "take off".  It takes some planning.  Or your entire backseat to store the windows and such.  The removable top is much more of a commitment than other convertible tops I've worked with in the past.  If you put it down, you're probably going to have it down for at least the rest of the day.  You could pull over and wrestle it into a window-less top-up position, but you're still going to be window-less (unless you're carrying them in your back seat).  Not a huge deal, but different than I'm used to for sure.  The Eclipse top automatically went down and took only 19 seconds I believe it was!  haha  (I will not be comparing the Jeep to the Eclipse regularly, but I do think the 19 second to 10 minute top operation is an interesting experience comparison)

Jeep Wave Count:  0

No comments:

Post a Comment